Atelier Maison & Co.
As a member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council, Atelier Maison & Co is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture. Atelier Maison & Co, therefore will work with our suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and to progressively increase the amount of responsible wood – wood from certified and recycled/reclaimed sources – procured over time.
Atelier Maison & Co recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as an important tool to promote responsible forest management. We have a preference for sourcing FSC-certified wood furniture when it meets our requirements.
Atelier Maison & Co is also firmly committed to avoiding wood from unacceptable sources, including:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber;
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights;
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management;
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use;
- Timber from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
Through this policy, Atelier Maison & Co seeks to set a positive example for our peers and to do our part to protect the world’s forests.